Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Welcome to The-Day-That-Hallmark-Built!

Happy Valentine’s Day!

I hope everyone has a great Valentine's Day. Just remember that this holiday was artificially created by greeting card companies to bump up sales during the slow early year months. In fact, tell your Valentine that when she asks to go to dinner. Mention how this holiday is the manifestation of the corporations' greed and you don't want to buy into the hype or feed that kind of soulless corporate money-lust. It's just not right.

Don't worry, I got your back, you can sleep at my place. :)

I was in the process of preparing an article but I think I'm going to save it. Work has been cracking the whip something fierce this week and I just want to enjoy the day. Tonight the wife and I are going to Roy's here in Jacksonville. We have a gift card, so I'm not personally putting money into the corporate coffers. The place looks really good so I'm stoked. As for the after dinner festivities, well, let me just say without the least bit of exaggeration, that nary a woman can resist when Pax puts on his shiny shoes. That's all that needs to be said. *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*

How cool is the picture up top? A good friend of Steph and mine, Kathy, sent it to us. It looks like she actually created it herself in MS Paint. I love it, so I put it up here for everyone to see. Thanks, Kathy.

Technorati Tags -