Friday, July 07, 2006

Pirates of the Caribbean 2 Opens Today!!!

        



Capt Pax Holley and Capt Jack Sparrow...Separated at birth? You decide. If you ask me, I think Capt Jack wishes he had the looks and chutzpah of Capt Pax. But that's just me.



Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest opens today. Steph and I will probably go see it tomorrow afternoon to avoid the lines. I am really looking forward to this sequel because we loved the first one. As a matter of fact, we tried to rent Curse of the Black Pearl this week and every single copy was rented. EVERY SINGLE COPY. Since the movie is older, Blockbuster kept only 2 or 3 copies. Well, I guess everyone else wanted to see it too, because they are ALL gone. But I'm not just talking about our local Blockbuster, but every Blockbuster in our area. And that's a lot of Blockbusters. As you know, Blockbuster is like the Starbucks of DVDs. There's usually two or three right around the corner...and usually right next to a McDonald's.

I even slummed and went to Hollywood Video to find a copy. Let me tell you, that place is a friggin' HOLE. It looked like a DVD War Zone inside the store. Movies and candy littered the floor, shelves have gaping spaces where there are no DVDs. So much crap on the checkout counter that you couldn't even see the 12 year olds they have working there. Not to mention the fact that the movies weren't in any semblance of order. Oh, the shelves are labeled Action, New Release, Comedy, etc. But those seem to be more like guidelines, and not hard-and-fast categorical titles because the workers just put the stuff back on the shelf wherever they happen to be. You need Smokey & the Bandit? It's in the Drama section. Aliens? Kiddie section. WTF?! And they aren't laid out nicely on the shelf. It looks like a giant dorm room as some are stacked with their backs to the shelf and some are stacked sideways like on a bookshelf. You can forget about alphabetical order. You're lucky the workers can even read the title, much less put it in it's proper alphabetical order. I will NEVER go back to that place. I feel like I need to go to the free clinic and get shots after walking in for 10 minutes.

After all that, the sad thing is, I own Curse of the Black Pearl, but my mom borrowed it and has not returned it. You like apples? How you like them apples?

Anywho, have a good weekend everyone and I'll see you on the other side.



Technorati Tags -

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In your mothers defense.....I had to keep SOMETHING of yours..when you left me and MOVED!!! You can borrow it anytime.