Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Steve Alten's book, MEG, finally becoming a movie



The above pic is pre-production art from an upcoming movie called Meg. Click here to read the original story on CHUD's website. Meg, the movie, is based on the novel, Meg by Steve Alten. I ask you, how ridiculously bad-ass is the above pic? I'll answer that it's so bad ass I almost wouldn't care what the name of the movie was, I'd go see it. Not only that, just take a look at the cover for the book. A giant pre-historic shark chomping down on a T-Rex?! Where do I sign up? Well, actually, I already did sign up. I read Meg several years ago along with the followup sequel, The Trench (with a not as exciting cover...or story). I really enjoyed Meg which is about a long thought extinct pre-historic shark, Megalodon, that is brought up from the Marianas Trench by accident. And, of course, it goes on a killing spree. It's like Jaws on steroids. The sequel has a little less excitement and focuses on the original Meg's offspring, but the first book is a thrilling read and I highly recommend it.


The movie Meg has been in development for a while. You can see it's IMDB page here. I've been waiting for it to come out but there were several things deemed too expensive effects-wise that caused the delay. On the IMDB page you can see a pic of the Megalodon jumping out of the water to attack a helicopter. Definately one of the money shots of the book. This was one scene deemed too difficult or expensive to shoot. I guess the technology is now there to build the shark. I for one, can't wait to see it.

Technorati Tags -

No comments: