Friday, March 17, 2006

Shamrocks & Shenanigans



Happy St. Paddy's Day to everyone. I'm home sick, so I'm not happy. Have a green beer for me.

While laying here calmly waiting for death, I watched the Jimmy Stewart classic Harvey. Not very leprechaun-y, but I don't really have any movies dealing with St. Paddy's Day that I can think of. This will have to do.

James Stewart plays the always polite, very easy-going everyman, Elwood P Dowd. His best friend is a 6' 3.5" white rabbit named Harvey only he can see. Actually, I should have watched this on Easter, considering it has a bunny in it.
Anywho, the whole movie his family is trying to commit him because they think he's crazy. He keeps winning people over because he's so polite and nice. Typical Jimmy Stewart. It's a classic, and one I recommend. Very light comedy. Check it out.


1 comment:

Chris said...

I'll have to see this one. I've seen the cover before and wondered what the shadow of the bunny meant. Thought it was a horror movie! I'll try to catch this one on TiVO.